The Centre for Internal Economics (CIE) was commissioned in November 2004 to undertake a study of the economic contribution of the NSROC region. The NSROC Organisation seeks to understand the role played by the region in the Sydney, New South Wales and national economies.
The CIE analysis of the NSROC region’s economic contribution uses a comparative framework to place the region’s activity in perspective. The analysis is structured around providing answers to five key economic questions:
- What is the economic contribution of the region?
- What is the nature of economic activity in the region?
- How many jobs are there in the NSROC region and what is the structure of the labour market?
- How is the NSROC region’s economic contribution translated into its well being?
- How well supported is the region in terms of services and infrastructure?